Sunday, February 26, 2012

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

Oh my goodness!! This cookie is a wonder of dark chocolate folded into a creamy, crunchy peanut butter with chocolate chips added to increase the richness and taste. Yummy to the max. Of course if you are not a peanut butter chocolate fan then this cookie will not suit when your Sweet tooth beckons.
Here's the caveat. It's Lent. I gave up sweets for Lent. Why am I making this, one of my all time favorite cookies ? My high school culinary class is studying the art of cookie baking and this cookie is a bit tricky to bake so it makes a perfect lesson for the students. As I mixed and folded the cookie dough I worked very hard with every ounce of willpower to resist nibbling on the beaters or licking the bowl.
The dough is chilling in the refrigerator. I plan to take the dough to my culinary class in the morning and teach my students how to bake this luscious cookie. If I thought it took willpower to resist tasting the cookie dough, it is going to take duct tape to keep me from eating a fresh warm cookie.
Lent is a blessing. Yes it is. I learn just how little willpower I have when it comes to sweets.
Perhaps tomorrow I will chew gum while the students are eating their cookies.
Have a fresh baked day.

No comments:

Post a Comment